Ansar Arabic College, Valavannur

Affiliate to the University of Calicut

DETAILS OF EVALUATION AND GRADING

The evaluation scheme for each course shall contain two parts

      (a)Internal evaluation

      (b)External evaluation

25% weight shall be given to the internal evaluation. The remaining 75% weight shall be for the external evaluation

Weightage of Internal and External valuation

Evaluation

Weightage

Internal

1 (or 25%)

External

3 (or 75%)

Both internal and external evaluation will be carried out us- ing Direct Grading System

INTERNAL EVALUATION:

The internal evaluation shall be based on a predetermined transparent system involving periodic written tests, assignments, seminars and attendance in respect of theory courses and based on written tests, lab skill/records/viva and attendance in respect of practical courses.

Components of Internal Evaluation:

Theory Course

Weightage

Theory Course

Weightage

a.

Assignment

1

C.

Seminar

1

b.

Test Paper

2

d.

Attendance

1

           

To ensure transparency of the evaluation process, the in- ternal assessment Grade awarded to the students in each course in a semester shall be notified on the notice board at least one week before the commencement of external ex- amination. There shall not be any chance for improvement for internal grade.

The course teacher (s) shall maintain the academic record of each student registered for the course, which shall be forwarded to the University (with the signature of both course teacher and HOD) through the College Principal.

EXTERNAL EVALUATION:

The external examination in theory courses is to be conducted with question papers set by external experts. The evaluation of the answer scripts shall be done by an examiners based on a well-defined scheme of valuation. The external examination in practical courses and project evaluation shall be conducted by two examiners- one inter- nal and an external, nominated by the University.

The external evaluation shall be done immediately af- ter the examination preferably in a Centralized Valuation Camp.

Photocopies of the answer scripts of the external ex- amination also shall be made available to the students for scrutiny on request and discrepancies if any are to be brought to the notice of the University by submitting an application for recounting/revaluation along with the required fees within 7 days of publishing the results. The fee for scrutiny/revaluation of answer scripts shall be as decided by the University.

DIRECT GRADING SYSTEM

Direct Grading System based on a 5-point scale is used to evaluate the performace (External and Internal) of students.

 

Powered By Datastone Solutions